Link Transit Proposition 1
More Buses, More Often - Earlier, later, Saturday, and Sunday!
More Accessible - Added services for seniors and people with disabilities.
More Connected - Workers to Jobs, Customers to Cash Registers, Families to Events
Link Transit has spent the last three years engaging the community through surveys and public meetings to determine what we would like our bus system to be. Over 4,000 people responded and results show broad community support for a .2% sales-tax increase to:
- Run buses more often to get around faster
- Establish bus service for Sundays and holidays!
- Increase service on Saturdays!
- Run buses earlier and later in the day, supporting families, workers, seniors, and people with disabilities
- Create more direct trips for faster travel times
- Improve mobility options for disabled and senior persons
- Better serve second and third shift workers in medical, tourism, fruit and other industries
In Wenatchee and East Wenatchee, Link would:
- Provide north-south services every 15 minutes
- Serve neighborhoods more directly with smaller vehicles
- Improve sidewalks and bus stops
In other areas of Douglas and Chelan Counties, major improvements include:
- Sunday service for Leavenworth and Chelan!
- Construction of Transit Centers and/or Park-and-Rides in Chelan, Cashmere, and Rock Island
- New bus stops in Cashmere and Peshastin
- More frequency and weekend bus service for Ardenvoir, Orondo, Chelan Falls, Dryden, Entiat, Malaga, Manson, Monitor, and Waterville
Technological updates include:
- More ridesharing options (van and bus pools)
- Electronic fares
- Smart phone information apps
- Real-time arrival signs
- A more energy-efficient and environmentally sound fleet
To fund these improvements, Link Transit needs voter approval to increase local sales tax by 2/10 of one percent (.2%), or about $2 per month for the average household. That's just two pennies on every $10.00 spent in Link Transit's service area!
Vote YES on Link Prop 1 by Tuesday, August 6!
For a full description of the proposal and answers to all your questions,
visit Link Transit's Vision 2020
Paid for by Citizens for Better Transit -
109 Pickens St, Wenatchee, WA 98801
Top Contributors: Avail Technologies, Gillig Corporation, Joint Council of Teamsters No.28, Schetky Bus & Van Sales, Transportation Choices Coalition